Me and my wife are looking in getting a dog, between a
Shih-Tzu or Maltese. But i would like to know:
- what is the difference in size between both?
- which sheds less and is there any difference in their hair?
- which is more obedient, loyal, and barks less?
- what is the weight difference between both?
- which one is more expensive or less expensive to buy?
- what is the physical difference between both?
- which dog is better?
-depending on gender female maltese are smaller than shihtzus, my male is about the size of a shihtzu while my friends female is almost half that.
-i know maltese shed very minimal until u brush them out. not sure about the shihtzu, think they shed a lil bit more. maltese fur is also more silkier.
-both breeds have the possibility of being a terror or saint, that simply depends on how you raise them. small dogs do have a tendency to bark more though.
-again it depends on the breeding and gender. some breeders breed with the mind of producing tiny dogs, check with dogbreedinfo.com to make sure you get one that fits the healthy weight range.
-maltese are more expensive to buy in my opinion. they are more in demand by ppl and celebrity and are bred to be compact.
-i find maltese more cuter, i dont really like the shihtzus pushed in face or puffy fur.
-this is my bias coming through but i have to say the maltese if better, that could be cuz i have one tho lol.